The creative course aims to explore textiles as an art form, focusing specifically on traditional festive textile techniques. Taking an experimental approach to textiles, learners will use a range of textile techniques to create their own textile decorations and products.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Use handstitch techniques to explore festive patterns.
2. Use a sewing machine to assemble products.
3. Use traditional embellishment techniques such as beading and sequins.
4. Create a Christmas-themed product or decoration.
5. Gain knowledge of festive textile decorations and products in different cultures.
To book please visit wea.org.uk
If your course is not free, you may still be entitled to a reduced or free course. You will usually need to be:
A UK or EU/EEA citizen, and
Resident in the UK for 3 years when the course starts, and
On an income-based benefit
Job Seekers Allowance
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA - work related)
Universal Credit and earn less than £330 per month
Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy discount) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) support group
Working Tax Credit
Pension Guarantee Credit
Asylum seeker - You will need to show proof of Asylum Support, and that you have been in the UK legally for six months or more, and that the Home Office is still considering your claim. You will need to show your Asylum Registration Card or equivalent.
Where household income is less than £20,000