Xmas Textiles with Harriet Lawton
The creative course aims to explore textiles as an art form, focusing specifically on traditional festive textile techniques. Taking an experimental approach to textiles, learners will use a range of textile techniques to create their own textile decorations and products.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Use handstitch techniques to explore festive patterns.
2. Use a sewing machine to assemble products.
3. Use traditional embellishment techniques such as beading and sequins.
4. Create a Christmas-themed product or decoration.
5. Gain knowledge of festive textile decorations and products in different cultures.
Asylum seeker - You will need to show proof of Asylum Support, and that you have been in the UK legally for six months or more, and that the Home Office is still considering your claim. You will need to show your Asylum Registration Card or equivalent.